Tuesday 8 November 2011

Time Gentlemen Please.....

It's not very often I make anything with a masculine look to it but I wanted to use a few bits and bobs from a little box of "treasures" I've had since my dad died, nearly 10yrs ago. The little "treasures" are just old buttons, coins and some medals my dad had in a little wooden box. I used to love rooting through this box when I was younger, I haven't changed much as I still love to rummage through "old tat" as some people call it...lol!
I started with a cheap wooden framed mirror I bought about 5yrs ago from that Swedish store....you know!
Covered it with some old dictionary pages, stamped some images and added my bits of treasure to it.



What I Used:
Wooden Framed Mirror
An old dictionary
Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink
PVA Glue
Crafty Individuals Stamp - CI-077 - 3 Wise Gentlemen
Paper Artsy Minis - MN60 - Cogs
Watch and Clockface Stamps (not sure where from)
Clearly Impressed Typewriter Alphabet Stamps - Stampington & Company
World Map Stamp - Travel Set 1 - Tanda Stamps
All Saints Tag
Wine Bottle &Corkscrew Drink Charm
Old Uniform Buttons
Old British Coins
Copper Tape

I'm entering it into the Stampman Challenge this week which is Collage/Collage Background

10 comments:

Cazro said...

Wow!!It's fantastic Carol. I love all your bits of treasures, what a fabulous way to have them on show. A piece of art. Good luck in the Stampman challenge. Caz

Netty said...

Love your altered vintage mirror Carol, its fab. x

Caroline said...

Wow... I'm in love with your altered frame.

Such a great piece and I love the steampunk feel. I find it a real challenge to make something masculine... well done!

Thank you for joining us at The Stampman Challenges - Collage / collage background.

Im just me - Marleen said...

Wow really beautiful. Well done and thanks for sharing xxx

Sherry said...

Wow Carol, it's absolutely stunning!! So special too with some of your dear Dad's things xx

Jolanda said...

Wow! your frame is fabulous!!! I love it - i would certainly love to have something like that hanging on my wall!!!

My name is Cindy said...

It's just lovely Carol, a fantastic piece.

Nanna B said...

wow!!! THATS FANTASTIC I shall be in the atic tomorow you have inspired me ...Christine x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Fab frame, really inventive
Lindsay xx

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Gorgeous and detailed!!!
So nice...
Congrats for being on the top 5!

greetings, Alie :-)